Laomei's Birth Story

The evening before Laomei's birth, we had dinner at a Korean place at Bukit Timah. I was experiencing contractions then but had no spotting, so continued with BAU and last minute feasting lol. Laoniang was supposed to come home with us but my parents insisted that I should just head home without her just in case it was D-Day.

In my usual fashion, I chose to wait till the very last minute before heading to the hospital. I hurried home to bathe and wash my hair in between contractions (adding in some last minute toilet scrubbing) before deciding the pain was too much to take.

Leapt out of the car into a wheelchair once we arrived at NUH and made it to the labour ward without any mishaps. I was shown to a waiting area instead of the delivery suite as I suspect Laopeh reported the contraction length and interval inaccurately. I yelled for Laopeh to come into the toilet to grab onto me when another contraction hit me as I was washing my hands.

Once in bed, the nurse was abit too  very calm and took her time to put on the heartbeat monitoring device. I asked her to check for my dilation however she told me that the doctor would be along shortly. A different nurse came in thereafter and checked my dilation immediately after taking 1 look at my face.

Everyone leapt into action after that and I heaved a sigh of relief as I was pushed into the delivery suite. I then asked for an injection for my pain but another nurse told me that it was too late and the pain would be over after I had pushed Laomei out. I was given laughing gas and it was some good shit. My pain score decreased from 8 to ~5? Which was tolerable due to the fact that there was some SOME relief. I could still carry a conversation but Laopeh said I was high lol. I thanked Prof for coming back even though it was still Hari Raya. After some pushing Laomei's head emerged but then she tried to block the exit with her shoulders. It was quite dramatic as 2 nurses then jumped/pushed on my abdomen to get her out. 

Lo and behold, she was heavier than Laoniang, weighing in at 3.7kg and squeezing in just before midnight hahaha this girl does not want to share the same birthday as Nainai. I seemed to have some clots remaining in my uterus as I felt continuous bleeding, and thankfully the super power APN managed to get it out. Imo the digging was even more painful than childbirth =_=

Thankfully Laomei was healthy and well! 


Comments